Concrete Bridge Repair & Maintenance
Bridges are important infrastructures that require regular inspections and maintenance to ensure that they remain safe and functional. Concrete can deteriorate over the time due to factors as weathering, moisture and environmental exposure. Repairing and maintaining concrete bridges is essential to prevent further damage and extend the lifespan of the structure. Some of RBA’s common tasks may include:
- Conducting inspections and assessments, to identify areas of damage or deterioration.
- Developing repair and maintenance plans, including determining the appropriate materials and equipments to use.
- Removing damage and deteriorated concrete, including cutting, drilling or breaking up the concrete as necessary.
- Installing reinforcing steel and forms to support the new concrete.
- Pouring the new concrete to repair and replace damage sections of the bridge.
- Conducting internal quality control and inspections throughout the repair process to ensure that the finished product meets design specifications and is safe and functional.