Bridge Concrete Decks
Constructing a bridge, more specifically a bridge deck requires specialized knowledge, skills and equipment, as well as attention to the detail and adherence to safety protocols to ensure a high-quality finished product.
Constructing a bridge concrete deck may vary depending on the project but some of the common tasks performed by RBA’s included:
- Taking into account factors such as traffic load, climate conditions and environmental considerations.
- Organizing the necessary materials such as concrete and reinforcing steel.
- Preparing the bridge substructure to receive the deck elements, including preparing forms, overhangs brackets, diaphragms.
- Installing and managing the concrete paver.
- Pouring and finishing the concrete deck, including leveling and smoothing the surface, placing the expansion joints, and curing the concrete to insure it reaches its full strength.
- Conducting internal quality control and inspections throughout the construction process to ensure that the bridge deck is safe and meets all design specifications.